Texas Family Group Sheet for the Stanley Lee GRANGER Family


Husband: Stanley Lee GRANGER
Birthdate: 09 Sept 1904
Birthplace: Orange Co, TX
Death date: 25 Mar 1984
Place of death: Harrison Co, TX
Father: Joe GRANGER
Mother: Cora Elizabeth PEVETO

Marriage date: 9 Sep 1927
Marriage place: Orangefield, Orange Co, TX

Wife: Rena Elzina HARDIN
Birthdate: 09 Sept 1908
Birthplace: Beasley, Waller Co, TX
Death date: 5 Feb 1999
Place of death: Longview, Gregg Co, TX
Father: Elmer Presley HARDIN
Mother: Miranda Ellen HOPKINS

CHILDREN

Child No. 1: Robert Murrell Granger
Sex: M
Birthdate: 26 Nov 1928
Birthplace: Orangefield, Orange Co, TX
Death date: Jan 1992
Place of death: Acton, Hood Co, TX
Marriage date: 12 March 1954
Marriage place: Greggton, Gregg Co, TX
Spouse's name: Juanice Marie Blalock (div)

Child No. 2: Living GRANGER
Sex: M
Birthdate:
Birthplace:
Death date:
Place of death:
Marriage date:
Marriage place:
Spouse's name:

Child No. 3: Living GRANGER
Sex: M
Birthdate:
Birthplace:
Death date:
Place of death:
Marriage date:
Marriage place:
Spouse's name:

Child No. 4: Living GRANGER
Sex: F
Birthdate:
Birthplace:
Death date:
Place of death:
Marriage date:
Marriage place:
Spouse's name:

Child No. 5: Living GRANGER
Sex:
Birthdate:
Birthplace:
Death date:
Place of death:
Marriage date:
Marriage place:
Spouse's name:
 
 
Documentation:
* Stanley and Rena Granger were my parents. They moved to Gregg County in 1931 when Daddy was transferred by Yount-Lee Oil Company. They were one of the original families living in Little Beaumont, a settlement located west of Spring Hill, TX. They later moved to Watkins Street in Greggton and built a 2-story rock home that is still standing (in 2004).
   Stanley Granger was a bi-vocational Southern Baptist minister and founded Central Baptist Church in Greggton and Hatley Memorial B.C. and New Hope B.C. in Harrison County, TX. Stanley and Rena pledged their tithe in the early 1930s to Long Leaf Lumber Company (formerly on East Cotton Street in Longview) to pay for the lumber for the original building of Calvary Baptist Church, located at the corner of Pine Tree Road (FM 1845) and Teneryville Road northwest of Longview proper.
   They supported East Texas Baptist University and have an endowed scholarship in their name.
 

Home
Copyright 2003-present, all rights reserved.
This site may be linked to but not duplicated in any manner without written consent.
Family Group Sheets are copyrighted © by each individual FGS submitter.