New York Family Group Sheet for the William A. FLOOD Family
Husband: William A. FLOOD
Birthdate: Bet. 1826 - 1830
- , Connecticut
Death date: 23 April 1876
- Oakland, Alameda County, California
other marriages: (2) Isabelle SHAW, 04 May 1862, Oakland, Alameda, CA; died 05 August 1901, Oakland, Alameda, CA
Marriage date: 16 April 1848
Marriage place: Manhattan, New York, New York
Wife: Hannah GORDON
Birthdate: Bet. 1825 - 1826
- , New York
Death date: 01 January 1862
- San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Child No. 1: Gae Kary FLOOD
Birthdate: 12 December 1848, Manhattan, New York
Death date: 31 July 1849, probably Manhattan, New York
Child No. 2: William A. FLOOD Jr.
Birthdate: April 1851 - unknown
Death date: 24 January 1853, possibly California
Child No. 3: Joseph Corliss FLOOD
Birthdate: 08 September 1854, Murphys Camp, Calaveras County, California
Spouse: (1) Minnie E. Provance
Marriage date: about 1880, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
other marriages: (2) Lydia Helen Rush, married 07 March 1906, San Jose, Santa Clara County, California
Death date: 15 May 1904, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Child No. 4: Jenette FLOOD
Birthdate: 01 October 1857, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Spouse: John Graham
Marriage date: 02 October 1876, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Death date: 17 March 1912, Oakland, Alameda County, California
Child No. 5: Hariet FLOOD
Birthdate: 10 November 1859, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Death date: 12 January 1862, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Child No. 6: Hannah FLOOD
Birthdate: 01 January 1862, San Francisco, San Francisco County, California
Notes: placed in orphanage at time of Motherís death, Orphanage placed her for adoption - no further information given to Father.
Death date: unknown
Child No. 7: Robert James FLOOD (child of Isabella Shaw and former husband - name unknown) raised by William FLOOD and known as FLOOD all his life.
Birthdate: 09 January 1857, Valparaiso
Spouse: (1) Laura, marriage information unknown- presumed died by 1892
Death date: 31 January 1919, Oakland, Alameda County, California
* New York City Methodist Marriages 1795-1893; compiled by William Scott Fisher, Picton Press, Camden, Me c 1994. ISBN 0-89725-179-2. FLOOD-Gordon marriage taking place at
Greene Street Methodist Church, Manhattan, New York City, New York County, New York. The marriage was
performed by P. R. Brown on 16 April 1848.
* Massachusetts 1850 Census, Ward 10 in Boston, in the County of Suffolk, State of Massachusetts, page 410 enumerated by me on the 11th day of September 1850, Wm. Makepeace Jr. , Assistant Marshall.
* Ancestry.com image 213 of 358 (says page 410) Dwelling 262 (multifamily building) household 1619
Wm. A, FLOOD, age 24, Stonecutter, born Conn
Hannah FLOOD, age 25, born NY
* 1860 California Census San Francisco, (Ancestry.com p. 130) 10th District, Roll 67: 28, 1092, 1121,
William A. FLOOD, age 33, $1000 Stone Cutter, born Connecticut
Hannah FLOOD, age 26, born New York
Joseph FLOOD, age 5, born California
Jeanette FLOOD, age 2, born California
Hariet FLOOD, age 7/10 born California
* Interment Record: Laurel Hill Cemetery Hannah FLOOD; Date of burial, January 2, 1862. Book I, page 219 age 30 years, 0 months, 0 days Grave 11, Tier 26, Public Plot Removed [to Cypress Lawn Cemetery] 1 October, 1946, Vault 1771, (K,H. md)
* From 1859-64 SF directories, He (WAF) is listed in 1862, 63, and 64 as a stone cutter
* Marriage of William A. FLOOD in San Francisco May 24, 1862 by Rev. John Kimball, to Isabella J. Shaw. (Daily Evening Bulletin: DAR 1964. vol 4, p 116.
* 1870 CA Census Alameda County, (Roll 68) Reel No. M-593-68, sheet No. 201-A, page 145 as recorded by Stephen A. Burpee on 9 July and abstracted by Edward A. Black Sr. February 2001 from public records for USGenWeb: http://www.rootsweb.com/~cenfiles/ca/alameda/1870/oakland/; Oakland13;
W, A. FLOOD, age 46, male, white, cutter of marble, real estate valued at $10,000, born Connecticut
Isabella FLOOD, age 36, female, white, Keeps House, born Scotland of foreign born parents
Joseph FLOOD, age 14, male, white, at home, born California
Robert FLOOD, age 13, male, white, at school, born Valparaiso
Nettie FLOOD, age 12, female, white, at school, born California
* "FLOOD-- In Oakland, April 23, William A. FLOOD, a native of Connecticut, aged 50 years. Friends and acquaintances are respectfully invited to attend the funeral TODAY (Tuesday) at 1 o'clock P.M. from the German Methodist Church, Seventeenth Street, near San Pablo Avenue, Oakland. The I.O.G.T. will attend a special meeting of Fountain Lodge, No. 193, I.O.G.T. at their hall, corner Eighth and Broadway, Oakland, on Tuesday at 12 PM." Source: San Francisco Call, 25 Apr 1876, p. 6.
* 1880 Census Place: Dist. 8, Oakland, Alameda, California Source: FHL Film 1254061 National Archives Film T9-0061, Page 144D
Isabella FLOOD Self F M W 41 SCOT, Occ: Keeping House Fa: SCOT Mo: SCOT
Emma HAWS Other F S W 23 CA Occ: Teacher Fa: MA Mo: RI
Eliza HAWS Other F W W 49 MA Occ: At Home Fa: MA Mo: ---
* 1900 CA Census, Alameda, Oakland, 1202 West Street, (2 family dwelling)
18, 19, Isabelle FLOOD, W F born Mar 1827, age 73, Widow, 1 child, 1 living. Sco, Sco, Sco, imm. 1855, 45, landlady, owns home free and clear.
* When Isabella FLOOD died in 1901 she was living at 1202 West Street, Oakland. age 73 years, 5 months and 2 days
* California 1880 Census. 1880 Census Place: 9th Ward, San Francisco, San Francisco, California Source: FHL Film 1254075 National Archives Film T9-0075 Page 457D Inhabitants in the 4th Frct, 9th Ward, enumerated on 5th of June 1880, Page 8, Supervisor District 5, Enumeration District 99. Harrison Street, household 753-675 - Appears to be a boarding house:
Smith, Elizabeth, W, F, 43, Keeping House
Smith, Mary Elizabeth, W. F. 22, Telegraph Operator
Smith, Pauline, W F 17 Shoe Fitter
Smith, Fred, W M 13, At school
Smith, Frank, W M 12, At School'
Smith, Nettie, W F 8, At school
FLOOD, Minnie W F 21 wife, without occupation, Fa: IRE Mo: PA
Hoyt, A. B., W M 56, boarder, Engineer BOSTON Occ: Engr. Fa: SCOT Mo: IRE
FLOOD, J. C., W M 25, Plumber, CA, fa: America, mo; America
Geo. KINGSLAND Other M S W 23 NJ Occ: Engineer Fa: US Mo: US
C. C. KANE Other M S W 28 NY Occ: Laborer Fa: IRE Mo: IRE
* San Francisco, California, 1890 Great Register of Voters:
FLOOD, Joseph, age 35, born California, Plumber, 228 Noe Street, San Francisco, CA., registered on 16 October 1890, District 44, Precinct 15
* 1900 California Census, SAN FRANCISCO, SAN FRANCISCO 36-DIST Page: 338 276 Noe Street, 146, 286
Joseph FLOOD, Head, W M Sept 1854, age 45, married 22 yrs, CA MA MA, Plumber. RWS yes, Owns Home free of mortgage
Minnie E. FLOOD, Wife, W F, Feb 1861, age 38, married 22 years, 4 children-1 living, CA IRE PA, RWS yes
Hazel FLOOD, daughter, W F Oct 1883, age 16, single, CA CA CA, RWS yes
* 1903 San Francisco Phone Book:
Capp 4434. FLOOD, Jos. C., r. 278 Noe.
Capp 4431. FLOOD & Bosworth, Plumbers, 276 Noe.
* 1910 Census of San Francisco, California. Living at #2 Saturn Street.
FLOOD Joseph, 53, born California,
FLOOD, Lydia, age 35, born England
FLOOD, William, age 03, born California
FLOOD, Romla, NR age, born California.
* Year: 1920 Birthplace: California Roll: T625_135 Race: White Page: 3B State: California ED: 119 County: San Francisco Image: 0652 Township: San Francisco 1920 Census - San Francisco, California - Ed 119, ancestry scanned p. 6 of 27; #2 Saturn Street, 71, 75.
FLOOD, Joseph, Head, M, W., 65, M, Calif ___, Massachusetts
FLOOD, Lydia Hellen, Wife, F, W. 40, England, England, England
FLOOD, William, Son, M, W, 12, California, California, California
FLOOD, Romla, Daughter, F. W. 10, California, California, California
* 1930 Census - California, City and County of San Francisco, Block #117, Enumeration District 38-153, Supervisory Dictrict 7, page 19-B, ancestry page 38 of 48 1930 U.S. Federal Census . California . San Francisco . San Francisco (Districts 1-250) . District 153 Saturn Street, #2, 256, 318,
FLOOD, William C., Head, value of home, $2500, farm-no, W. M., 22, Single, CA, CA, England, Bookkeeper, Bank
FLOOD, Lydia, Mother, W. F. age 52 widow, age at first marriage-24, no, yes, Engl., Engl. Engl. Year of Immigration 1899, naturalized - n/a, no occupation
I look forward to hearing from family members - I do have more to share.
Copyright © Margie Hinton. All rights reserved.
Submitted by: Margie Hinton
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org